Friday, June 10, 2011

How does your garden grow...

 So I planted a garden! I accomplished one of my goals. I don't have anywhere to actually plant anything, so I did a container garden. I hope it actually works. I went to D.I. and bought a bunch of old containers and pots. The tupperware containers, I had to punch holes in (for drainage). That was a lot of fun let me tell you. I planted 1 zucchini, 1 summer squash, 3 regular tomato plants, 1 yellow cherry tomato plant, 1 regular cherry tomato plant, spinach, Thai basil, chives, cilantro, and if I get buying more dirt and pots, some lettuce. But we'll see. I'm so busy, that I'm actually lucky to have planted the ones that I did! I also bought a little rose bush that was on sale for a few dollars. I think it's pretty, but we'll see if it survives lol. I planted a hanging bush too. I'm really excited to see how my plants do this summer!! I hope they do so well that I'm swimming in tomatoes, zucchini, squash, and herbs!!

Here are some pictures I took a few minutes ago...






3 comments:

Rachael Lamprecht said...

looks good! just remember that plants in containers need a lot of water...they just dry out faster in containters (we have our tomatoes in containers).

Mindy said...

Good for you, Jen! Love the assortment of containers - I don't think I would have thought of the storage containers for a garden. Way to use your resources! =)

Tara said...

Oh man, the porch! Looking at those pictures made me all nostalgic. :/ Glad you planted a garden! Remember when I accidentally killed your tomato plant when we were roommates while you were gone on a trip? I forgot to water it until the day before you got home. But I remember you were all nice and said you had forgotten about it anyways!