Monday, July 12, 2010

Kasey the Beautiful...

So a few weeks ago I shot Kasey's bridals, and this last Friday I shot her wedding. It was such an honor to do this for her. Kasey is one of those people who are genuinely good. She's just one of the sweetest girls I have ever met, and I'm so happy for her.

Kasey is also one of the most beautiful people I have ever met. She made my job easy! We went to Memory Grove, and a small field near my house by the capitol. You'd never guess that it would be the perfect place to shoot pictures driving by, but I thought I would try it anyways. It was perfect!




The light through this parasol was amazing!




I didn't even have to tell Kasey how to pose. She should be a model...




The flowers were beautiful, and they fit her personality so well...


So this picture is totally overexposed, but I love it! Her eyes just pop! And the colors all just meld together. I think it's beautiful. I don't know if it's a perfect picture, but I love it.


This is the field I was talking about. I drive by it every day. It's not even an acre, and it just looks like a bunch of weeds from the road, but when you walk up into it, there were all these purple flowers and it was beautiful with the light right before the sun set...




Kasey is just a beautiful person, inside and out. I'm so glad that I asked Jaynie if any of her friends that were getting married, wanted a free photographer. I'm so glad that I met Kasey, Chris, and her family. It has enriched my life so much. I think that this is my favorite part about being a portrait photographer. Meeting new people and sharing in their happiness. I can't wait to show you her beautiful wedding.

Oh, and all of these pictures were taken with my 50mm 1.4 lens. Seriously the best investment I ever made. I love that little lump of plastic and glass. It's awesome and brings something to my work that I didn't even think was possible with my camera. I thought I would need a better camera. I guess that when the pro's say invest in the best lenses before the best cameras, they weren't joking...

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Looks great, Jen! You've got some talent!

Peter Nash said...

These photos really are quite good. You could easily put them up on a stock photography site and make some money off of them. I recommend istockphoto.com. Check it out.

Melissa said...

Jen, your pictures are so lovely. You can't say it's solely because of your model! I'm so impressed by you...