Friday, March 5, 2010

Solitude...

So, I'm not much of a hiker. It just has never really done anything for me. Though, I have always wanted to be one of those people. Well, I hiked and walked so much in Greece, that I think I kind of (almost) like it! I was missing the sun and the outdoors, so on Wednesday, I went and hiked up Ensign Peak. This was a big deal for me, since I'm normally a lazy person that would rather read a book. I'm a little out of shape, and I had to take a few scenery breaks, (this is what I call the catching my breath moments), but over all it was a really nice hour. I had the mountain all to myself. Just me and my camera. It was nice.





Also, I just bought a 50mm 1.4 lens. I'm freaking out a little because it was kind of pricey and I could have bought a cheaper version of it. But I want to do this photography thing, right? So I should invest in lenses that I can use once I upgrade my camera in a few years, right? That's what I keep on telling myself...urgh...why did I have to choose such an expensive hobby/future-profession?

3 comments:

trishtator said...

Incredible.

I love the work of the new lens. And the work of the Jenniferpalmer.

What a beautiful hike - I can't believe I've never been up there before!

Andrea said...

Nice pictures!

Mrs. Dirty Hair said...

I just can not believe that you hiked by yourself!! How enlightening, I am so impressed...jealous...and proud of you!!