Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Practice...

I have a friend. Her name is Juanita. She loves photography as much as I do. She is actually the one who told me about Salt Lake Community College's photography program. We talk about cameras and pictures all the time, and so we decided that we needed to make this the summer of photography. The only problem is that we both work at Barnes and Noble, so our schedules usually clash. Well we decided to bite the bullet and get off our rears' and go take some pictures. We decided to go to Liberty Park. I'm so glad we did it, and I had so much fun. She told me a how to meter the light with my camera, which helped me sooo much.

Here are some of my pictures from today...




I was obsessed with these bikes on the hill...






I love shooting manual. I can't believe that I've waited this long to learn how and just do it...

ps...I promise, next post will be Greece. I think it will be the rest of the Greece portion of my trip.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that 3rd one!

trishtator said...

Incredible! Can you explain metering the light - it looks like it makes a huge difference!

Peter Nash said...

Hooray, hopefully more hairy chested Greek men!

Wait, that sounds weird.

Melissa said...

Wow...you have amazing talent.

Amber said...

Great pics Jen! Love them all.

Mindy said...

LOVE your work! We need to schedule Steph's next shoot soon...