Friday, June 18, 2010

Denver...

So on Sunday, Angela and I decided to take a spur of the moment trip to Denver. She wanted to check out a radiology school, and neither of us had to work for a few days. Crazy, yes. Fun, definitely. We stopped by in Glenwood Springs first. I mean really, why wouldn't you? It's beautiful, and it's where Doc Holliday is buried...supposedly...



Driving to Denver...snow, snow, snow. It was kind of freezing...




I kind of have a love affair with big fluffy clouds...


Snow! So, you are going to laugh, but I like this picture mostly because my arm looks skinny in it. What!?


Tunnel! I love all the mountains you get to drive through on I-70...


I think this is a place called Silverplume? Who knows, all the towns have silver in the name. It was pretty, though.



Angela has had a rough few years, she's kind of over it. So she decided she wanted a F You World! Picture. I have made it PG-13 for the viewers...


This was after the picture...


I forgot to take a picture of the Denver skyline, we were right there in downtown. It was pretty cool, but I kept putting it off, and then we were running late and it didn't happen. Oh well. On the way out of Denver we stopped at Buffalo Bill's gravesite. Pretty cool! And kitchy...



Hahahahahahaha!!!!


It was in a really pretty spot, with great views! Then we went to Aspen, it was out of the way, but we were feeling crazy...



This is me playing with my shutter speed trying to catch the droplets in this fountain. I think I succeeded! Yay!


This is where they are holding the Annual Food and Wine Classic. If you watch Top Chef, you know what I'm talking about...


What? I liked the colors, lol.


Aspen is kind of snobby, but it was still cute...


It was fun to take pictures here...I had a professor once who smoked cigars...she was a woman. Awesome. No this was not at BYU...


I really liked the stickers on this gas meter thing. I liked the picture of the whole thing, but some dude's head is in it. Lame.



This was a cool statue by the parking garage...I really liked it...Well, that was it! Fast and furious, but fun...

3 comments:

Dave and Jaime said...

Those spur of the moment things are always the most fun! I do like the drive on I-70, but don't ever drive it in the middle of winter. It is very scary with snow packed roads!!!

Unknown said...

That's pretty awesome that you guys did that! Angela is so funny. Ha.

Tunnel pic and water drops pic excellent!

Mrs. Dirty Hair said...

Next time you plan something like this PLEASE let me tag along!!! I am so jealous of all your adventures! Since I have some free time lets plan a time to go do somethin!