Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Paris: Day 13

So the pictures in this post aren't the best. Most of them are night pictures, but I think they are still fun. They aren't as good as they could be, but I didn't have a tripod...hence the blur...

Our hotel was in a really nice neighborhood. Ecole la Militaire? I think. It was nice. And we had a view of the Eiffel Tower from our hotel room!


Ooo la la! After we relaxed a little from our flight from Athens, and got something to eat, we walked over to the Eiffel Tower. Besides the 1 Euro guys, (African immigrants hawking Eiffel Tower key chains for 1 Euro), it was everything I thought it would be. I've been wanting to go to Paris my WHOLE life! Well, as long as I've known what Paris is. I don't know why. There are cooler places, I'm sure. Heck, I had just been in Greece which was amazing! But there was just something about Paris that lived up to everything I thought it would be. Sooo worth the wait...



We decided to take a night cruise on the Seine. It was a really nice way to spend the evening. We got to see all the bridges and monuments lit up for the night. It was perfect for us travel weary girls...


This is what happens when you take a self portrait with a DSLR. It's heavy, so I am basically trying my hardest to hold it up with one hand, as a result you can see up my nose. Plus, I forgot to take of my lens hood, that's what the big dark blot is...Oh, this is us on the boat...


This was the view waiting for the boat to leave...


This is as we pulled away...If you look closely, you can see the Eiffel tower sparkling...


My first Parisian bridge!!! I almost fell off the boat I was so excited...


I thought the water looked really cool in this photo...


Viva le France!!


This is my favorite bridge, the Pont Alexandre III. I love it so much.


Notre Dame! I stopped taking pictures after this because it was raining, and I was getting annoyed that everything was a blur. Oh well.

I LOVED PARIS. I think a little bit more than Greece. Next time, Versailles! Oh, and I have some bridals to post about too...Till next time, Au Revoir!

0 comments: