Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Another assignment...but cooler

 So our assignment in photo 1 was to find a famous photographer and one of their pictures and then either copy it or interpret it. I had a lot of fun with this shoot. I called my friend Kasey, (the girl I shot bridals and her wedding this summer) and then found some pictures I wanted to copy.


 Edward Steichen


 Irving Penn


Irving Penn



This is my interpretation of the photograph with the black girl. Since Kasey is not black and is blond even, I did things a little different. White background and really overexposed.





This was when I was shooting the lace one, but Kasey just looked so regal and I had to shoot this one. It reminds me of Girl with a Pearl Earring by Vermeer...which is cool because he's one of my favorite painters...



So this is my interpretation of the lace photo by Steichan. It was kind of creepy, but cool. Oh, the turban...totally Kasey's goucho pants. That is why it's so bulky, haha


The original picture is of Gisele, so I think Kasey did a pretty good job considering she's not a supermodel! 


I had a lot of fun with this shoot. I had no idea what I was doing, and I've never done anything like this before, EVER. It was a good learning experience.

3 comments:

Nasher said...

Her eyes scare me a bit. Not sure if that was something you were going for or not (perhaps I just horribly insulted you - for which I am sorry). Those are definitely the most expressive parts of the shots for me.

Unknown said...

Jennifer, I LOVE the turban one. But then again I love simple. I guess that makes me a minimalist. Ha. Anyway, great work Jen!

Tara said...

AWESOME. Seriously, Jen, you are talented. So cool! Look at how much I'm validating you right now! AND, I would like to point out, I've commented on your last 2 posts, aren't you proud of ME? :) I miss you.