Thursday, May 14, 2009

Life Decisions...


I have always wanted to be a photographer. I don't know why. I think I like capturing moments. Maybe it's sentimentality, maybe it's the historian in me. I really don't know. I took a class in high school, but didn't learn much because the teacher was more interested in showing us what he could do, instead of teaching us. When I was 14 I was voted most likely to become a photographer by my church group because I always had a camera attached to my face. Up until this last summer I hadn't given it serious thought. I mean I thought about wanting to buy a camera a lot, but a digital SLR is freaking expensive. I don't have that kind of money. And Responsible Jen wouldn't let me buy one before. But she went on vacation and I bought a used Nikon D70s on ksl.com. Now all I can think about is taking pictures. I love it. It's art that I can actually create and it looks good.

Now that I have no job, or no idea what I want to do with my future, I have been thinking about it even more. I bounce around a lot of ideas. Getting a Masters, getting a second Bachelors in English or something. Maybe I'll get my Archaeology degree. OR maybe I can go to school for Photography. Lately I've been leaning more towards the photography. I hate working in an office. I get so bored. I would love to work part time somewhere and take pictures to sell, or engagements or family pictures. I would love to do that...I think I might.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think its a great idea to go back to school and work on your photography!

Jennifer Palmer said...

Thanks Juanita! Thank you so much for telling me about SLCC. I had no clue they had such a good program.