Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Snips and snails and puppy dog tails...

So my friend Jessica, who I have known since kindergarten (we played My Little Ponies and Lincoln Logs together) asked me to take pictures of her boys while they are out here visiting Grandma and Grandpa Nelson. I was really excited because I've never shot kids before (Oliver doesn't count because he just sits there like the baby blob he is.) It was really hard! But so rewarding.

Peyton is 4, and is such a ham. Brady is 2 and is much more solemn. Taking the pictures, I thought I would like Peyton's pictures best, but after editing, I think I love Brady's most! But the funniest thing about these pictures, is that they are so rustic and country, but they live in Los Angeles and don't like getting dirty. I get a kick out of this.












Kids are definitely a lot harder than engaged people. They came up Sunday evening and it didn't work out at all. Peyton wasn't too excited to be there, and Brady was more interested in the cats. So they came up Monday and it went SOOO much better. I was better prepared too. So thanks Jessica for letting me learn with your sweet boys!

3 comments:

Mrs. Dirty Hair said...

Oh my lord...these are so great... I love the one in front of the truck...AMAZING!!

qbkids said...

Thanks so much for taking pictures of my boys. I love them!!! They look wonderful!

Jeff and Rachell Massey said...

JEN! I am so glad that you found me. I love the pic of those cute kids! A photography degree sounds awesome. I would totally do that! I love taking pics. I am not anygood but it is so much fun! We are so excited about this little guy. It's taken about 8 years to get him here and we can't wait. 8 more weeks! I didn't know that Justine had a little guy??!! He is so cute! Tell her congrats and tell you fam hi for me. Stay in touch. Chell