Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Introducing....

So I have finally decided to start getting serious about this photography thing. I am starting school in a few weeks, and I have a lot of shoots under my belt. Obviously, I still have a lot to learn. I have better equipment to buy, BUT to do that I need money. So why not charge? I'm not charging a lot, and for those who I've told get free shots, still get free shots. Mostly, I'm just charging for weddings. That's a lot of work and time! So hopefully I will get some clients. If not, maybe I'll just be free again.

I am really nervous about taking this step. I don't want to be one of those people that buy a camera and can do some fancy photoshop work and call themselves photographers. I want to be a real photographer. I want to take a picture and know that I don't have to do a lot to it. This is why I'm going to school, I can be self taught, a lot of photographers are, but I want to fast track this, hence the school. I just felt like to get there, I need to have more of a presence and for that I need to charge. So, I got another blog and some business cards. Cross your fingers for me!


Here is the blog header I made, ALL BY MYSELF!!!


Here is one of my business cards. I have five different floral designs. They are pretty cool. I got them off Etsy. Oh, and here is my new blog, Jennifer Palmer Photography


* edited to add, this is still my personal blog and I'll keep on posting here like normal. I just wanted a blog dedicated solely to my photography and for clients!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so awesome Jennifer! YAY!

Peter Nash said...

Congratulations. Does this mean you are going to stop posting to this blog? Or will that one just be solely for photographs?

Melissa said...

OMFG!! I love, love, LOVE those business cards and would like my own. I love that you are doing so well and just going after what you love. Even though it's been a couple of years since we've seen each other, you inspire me...