Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Very first photography assignment...

So I got my first homework assignment in Photographic Vision. This is basically a 100% creative photography class. Thursday was our first class, and the teacher asked us to go outside and find an object. On our way back, we had to make up a story or history of it. I wandered around and found a few things. A cool tag, a Christmas ribbon, but neither of those were really giving me anything to work with when it came to a story. Then I found a trax schedule. I picked for two reasons. It wasn't gross garbage, and a story easily came to mind for it.

Here are the pictures I chose to tell it...






Can you guess the story? A girl is going to school on trax for the first time. She is really nervous because she's never used public transportation before. She knows it's not a big deal, but she is still nervous. So she makes a few mistakes, is worried, and then figures it out and is happy. She realizes that she doesn't need the map and schedule and drops it on the ground. This is how I found it.

This may be corny, but it was the best I could do!! My friend Hayley helped me out a lot by playing model. She's a hoot and a half. I hope my teacher likes them!!

Here are some outtakes...










I actually like some of these a lot, but they didn't really fit with the flow of the story, that's why I chose the 5 that I did...Thanks again Hays!!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

I like it! You did a good job on your assignment.

Nasher said...

I wouldn't worry about corny. The teacher didn't say write the great american novel. Plus the pics are good and it totally works with the story you wrote. I personally liked the picture of the schedule being dropped. You and the model did a good job.

Mrs. Dirty Hair said...

Wow...damn...that model is FINE!!