Monday, August 16, 2010

One year older, and wiser too!

So tomorrow is my birthday. I'll be 29. Crazy. One more year to thirty. I remember when my mom turned thirty. I'm not depressed about it or having a midlife crisis, it just feels weird because I don't feel like I'm thirty. I know I'm not the only one who feels that way, but I still do. I wish I had more to say about it, but I don't. I went home yesterday for a joint birthday dinner with my brother. He's almost an adult, that is just as weird. I had yummy food, my mom is almost finished with my blanket, I got a lot of jokes about being old from my dad (Ironic, I know), and I got to play with Oliver which is always a good time. Here are some pictures...



This is the outfit I bought Oliver in Thailand. It barely fits him 8 months later...Oh, he's teething like a son of a gun, hence the hand in mouth. I think it's hilarious.


Here is our cake. My mom attempted balloons, I told her it was more an abstract modern art piece. It's the thought that counts, and the taste...yum...

I also messed with my camera and tripod a little bit more...






So happy birthday to me!!! I was thinking about buying myself an e-reader for my birthday, until I had to spend $900 on my car last week. I'm trying not to think about how that's the price of a plane ticket to Europe. Nope, didn't even go through my head...*SOB*

3 comments:

Dave and Jaime said...

Happy Birthday!! Yep you are just getting so old... oh wait I am 5 months older than you. I guess that makes us both old folks :) I hope you have a great birthday!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday! I thought of you and your birthday before I saw your blog.

Mrs. Dirty Hair said...

Happy Happy Happy Day....it is your personal holiday!!! Do whatever you want and have a blast!!